BCU 3 star sea kayak course
Our BCU 3 star sea kayak course is based at our base in Glossa on Skopelos, Greece.
We do offer set dates for these courses but we have also found that many people enjoy combining this course as part of their holiday.
Feel free to contact us with your preferred dates.
Take a look at the 3 Star Sea Kayak Syllabus.
The BCU 3 star sea kayak course is recommended to run over a minimum of 3 days.
- We start our BCU 3 star sea kayak course by meeting at our base in Skopelos and go through the course details.
- Look at basic navigation theory.
- Choose equipment, we have sea kayaks from P&H, Seabird designs and Tahe Marine. Paddles from Mitchell blades, Werner and Celtic.
- Head off to the beach!
- Go through the skills required at BCU 3 star standard in a sheltered area.
- Stop for lunch before going on a journey in the afternoon to practice in a realistic moderate water environment.
- Return to our base or the taverna for a beer and a debrief!
- Meet at our store and load up.
- Go through more skills, looking at rescues and rolling.
- Stop for lunch.
- Out again in the afternoon to practice, we will also look at navigating while on the water.
- Go over all the skills so you are ready for your assessment.
- Assessment day!
- We try to keep everything relaxed.
- Our assessment takes place while journeying as we find this is more realistic and helps you to relax.
The BCU 3 star sea kayak course has a lot of information and we recommend that spreading this course over more days leads to better results.
- BC 3 star sea
- 1st – 4th June 2019
- Places available
- British Canoeing coastal navigation and tidal planning course is an optional extra